I desire to provide volunteer services for Bright Eyes Dog Rescue (the “Rescue”) and engage in activities related to serving as a volunteer. In exchange for being allowed to volunteer for the
Rescue, I hereby agree to abide by the following policies during the time I am volunteering for
1. I understand it is my decision to volunteer for the Rescue and I will not hold the Rescue,
nor any of its members (including without limitation, employees, officers, and directors),
successors, and assigns liable for any and all liability, claims, causes of action, costs,
damage, injury, or harm caused, arising from, relating to, or which may, or may at any
time hereafter, be attributable, directly or indirectly, to my participation in volunteer
activities with the Rescue. I understand I am responsible for my own insurance coverage
in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of volunteering for the Rescue.
2. I understand that volunteering may also include assisting in adoptions of rescue dogs at
various pet stores. I understand that the pet stores are not responsible for any illness or
injury caused by an animal that I come into contact with during my volunteer work. I
agree to hold harmless and release from liability the Rescue and the pet stores should I
become sick or injured from any animals as a result of my volunteer work.
3. I understand that the Rescue cannot guarantee or be held responsible for the health,
behaviour, or temperament of any rescue dog I may handle. I am aware that rescue
dogs may cause personal or property damage and agree to keep any dog in foster care
4. I will remember that in all my dealings with the public as a volunteer, I am representing
the Rescue, and that the public will consider my words and actions regarding rescue
activities representative of the attitude and position of the Rescue as an organization. If I
enter activities of a political or controversial nature, I am doing so as an individual,
separate from the Rescue, and these activities should not occur at any of the Rescue’s
5. I understand that as an individual, I cannot enter into agreements for the Rescue; any
such activity will be forwarded to the Rescue’s Board of Directors.
6. I will always remember that I represent a non-profit organization and cannot profit from
any activity related to the Rescue.
7. I understand that I must have prior approval from an Officer of the Rescue’s Board of
Directors, as well as the necessary documentation and receipts, in order to be
reimbursed for expenses.
8. I grant and convey to the Rescue all right, title, and interests in any and all photographs,
images, video, or audio recordings of me, my likeness, or my voice made by the Rescue
in connection with my volunteering for the Rescue.
9. I understand that the Rescue reserves the right to terminate any participant or volunteer
from volunteering with the Rescue at any time for any reason.
10. I expressly agree that this Volunteer Waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as
permitted by the laws of the Province of Saskatchewan and that this Volunteer Waiver
shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of
Saskatchewan. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Volunteer
Waiver is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Volunteer
Waiver shall not be affected.
11. I understand this Volunteer Waiver is binding upon me and my successors, assigns,
heirs, executors, administrators, and personal representatives.
12. I attest that I have read this Volunteer Waiver and the statements and information in this
Volunteer Waiver are accurate to the best of my knowledge. I understand by signing
below I agree to the policies as set forth in this Volunteer Waiver.